GravityBox - a complex Xposed module targeted for devices running Android 4.4, which turns vanilla ROM into
feature-packed "non-flashing" custom ROM.
Originally, this module was designed for MTK6589 devices which lack custom ROMs built from source due to MediaTek closed-source policy.
Later on, it was adjusted to support other (non-MTK) devices running vanilla or close-to-vanilla AOSP ROMs.
The app utilizes amazing Xposed framework coded by recognized
developer rovo89 which, briefly, provides interface for injecting code into any app, including system services allowing modifications of applications and system services at run-time. One of the biggest advantages of GravityBox is that it is not bound to any specific device. Actually, it should run on any device having vanilla Android 4.4 (ROM close enough to AOSP).
This project wouldn't be possible without rovo's Xposed framework, so huge kudos to him.
- GB settings:
--- reworked image choosing/cropping - supports Google Photos and potentially other gallery apps
--- added automatic clean up of GB app picker cache (saves storage space)
- Heads up: added option to show snooze button within heads up window
--- allows to suppress heads up for particular app or all apps at once for specified amount of time
--- added option to reset all current snooze timers
- Lockscreen status bar lock policy: option to allow status bar expand on secured lock screen
--- allows peeking on notifications even if lock screen is secured
--- access to quick settings prohibited
--- makes UNC ActiveScreen "expand notification panel" mode work on secured lock screen
- Power tweaks:
--- added option for proximity wake up (prevents accidental wake up)
--- added option for emulating battery charging light:
------ allows charging light on devices lacking native support (e.g. Nexus 5)
------ pending notification light has priority over charging light
------ charging light color changes lineary according to current battery level (requires RGB LED hardware)
------ whether led is constantly ON or "breathing" depends on LED driver (cannot be affected by GB)
- Display tweaks: button backlight notifications adjusted to follow Pulse notification delay
- Updated Japanese translations (thanks to WedyDQ10)
- Updated French translation (thanks to ch-vox)
- Updated Chinese (Simplified) translations (thanks to liveasx)
- Updated Polish translations (thanks to xtrem007)
- Updated Russian translations (thanks to gaich)
- Updated Portuguese (PT) translations
- Updated Slovak and Czech translations